Recent Posts

25 Posts found

06 Jan 03:44
Jason jdurall 13 Posts

Seeking Players For A Game / Dr. Who game - Jan 12th, 7 pm pacific

I didn't want to presume... but I'll happily play him!

06 Jan 03:18
Goblin BrianI 5 Posts

Heh.  Man, the Doctor is still available ... 

05 Jan 19:47
Jason jdurall 13 Posts

Strike that... looks like I'm available. Let me know what character you think would be good for me to play.

05 Jan 19:43
Jason jdurall 13 Posts

I'm unfortunately also slated to be gaming on the 12th, but other than that, my schedule is wide open. I hate to be a bother, though, and don't want someone rescheduling on my account.

05 Jan 02:10
Custom me at burn BlackCat 24 Posts

Beta Feedback / From Earlier Posts

Here's some things people have already had to say:

http://www.infrno.net/blackcat/posts/3-firing-the-first-shot

05 Jan 02:08

Infrno Instructions / Cloning Characters

When creating characters, if you want to create a base template or the characters are going to have fundamental similarities, you can now clone characters. This can be especially useful for gamemasters when generating pre-generated characters for a game.

You'll find the "Clone Character" button under the character's avatar. Of course, you need to be the owner of said character in order for it to work.

05 Jan 02:07

Infrno Instructions / Offering Pre-generated Characters For Games

We have created a way to utilize pre-generated characters for your game!

Okay Gamemasters, here’s how you do this.

1. Enter your pre-generated characters into Infrno as you would any other character, creating a Character Profile and Character Sheet.

2. When you create your Game Profile, click Manage Pre-generated Characters in the Pages box on the left.

3. You are taken to a page where you can check all the characters you wish to be offered as pre-generated characters for your game. Check all the ones you wish to offer and click Save at the bottom of the screen.

4. Next, invite those players who wish to be a part of your game to choose a pending pre-generated character. They do this by going to the Game Profile and scrolling to the bottom, where they will find a new box entitled Join Game With A Pre-generated Character. Each player can now choose one of those characters and click Join.

5. Just because a player has clicked Join with a pre-generated character doesn’t mean you have no choice over who they play. You must still approve their choices. Going to the Game Profile, you’ll see the Pending Pre-generated Characters box now, under Pending Characters. You must click Approve in order to allow each player to join the game with their chosen pre-generated character.

6. Once you click approve, a copy of that character is given to that player to now own. The character’s name is slightly modified and art assets do not travel with the character. This allows the player to have a souvenir of your game, but allows you to still own the master characters in case you wish to run your game again.

05 Jan 02:01

Infrno Instructions / Preparing Your Hardware and Settings for the Game Table

The first time you use the game table, you may find that getting your audio-visual settings right may be confusing. This quick guide is designed to help you get yourself ready to use the game table with a minimum of fuss.

1. Get Your Hardware Squared Away

Please do not plan on using the game table without some kind of headset or headphones. Those who are not used to using voice or video chat don’t realize that your voice will create an echo that will drive everyone crazy if you don’t. This comes from voices exiting your speakers and then being instantly retransmitted through the microphone.

Simply put, you can’t use both your computer speakers and your computer microphone at the same time.

This can be overcome in two easy ways. First, you could purchase a basic computer headset with both headphones and a microphone. Second, you could use your computer microphone with a pair of normal headphones. If you are using your webcam microphone, you will still need to use a pair of normal headphones, unless it has a very good noise-canceling function (which is unlikely unless you specifically purchased it because of this feature).

In all cases, we recommend noise-canceling as a function for your microphone, if available. Such devices create the cleanest sound and the best experience.

For your best experience in Infrno, we also recommend that you have some sort of webcam hooked up to your computer. Many laptops from recent years have them built-in – otherwise your local electronics super-store carries many brands that can be purchased for as little as $30.

Just a quick note about computer head-sets – these are one piece of equipment where the maxim “you get what you pay for” seems to apply in spades. Cheap headsets will function like cheap headsets. If you’re willing and it seems like a worthwhile purchase for you, generally anything in the $50 range will get you a stellar headset that will last for a long time.

2. Check Your OS Settings for Sound

Regardless of your platform, you will need to make sure that your computer is set to accept sound input from your chosen microphone and outputs sound to your chosen headphones or headset.

On the Macintosh OS, go to your System Preferences from the Apple Menu. Then, go the Sound control panel under Hardware. Click first on Output and choose the proper device. Click next on Input and choose the proper device. Here, you can also adjust the input volume of your microphone – you may want to set it high for now, because you can adjust further in the game table.

On the Windows OS, go to your Start menu and select Control Panel. Then choose Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices. Then choose Sounds and Audio Devices. In the Audio tab, you can choose your Sound Playback device and your Sound Recording device, which should set up both. You may also need to adjust your Voice Recording device in the Voice tab. You can adjust volume settings for your microphone here as well – you may want to set it high for now, because you can adjust further in the game table.

3. Check Your Settings in the Game Table

Your Adobe Flash Settings will pop up the first time you enter the game table, and are accessible anytime by right-clicking on anywhere on the game table.

The first thing you need to do is click the Allow radio button, so that Flash can access your camera and microphone. You may also want to click the Remember check-box, so that you don’t have to go through this every time you enter the game table.

There are a series of icons along the bottom of the box which are, from left to right: Display, Privacy, Local Storage, Microphone, and Camera. It is vital that you go through these again, even though you already set your computer’s settings, just to make sure everything jives.

• Display – you have the choice to check whether or not to enable hardware acceleration. If you have decent computing power, check this box.

• Privacy – you should have already set this to Allow and Remember, but this is where you can find it if you ever want to change those settings.

• Local Storage – this allows you to set how much data the game table can store on your local hard-drive. Don’t set it lower than 100 KB, and set it as high as you are comfortable given the amount of storage space you have available.

• Microphone – choose your input device from the pull-down menu, if it differs from what you’ve already set. In this panel, you can hear yourself through your microphone so that you can adjust the volume settings. Try it first with the reduce echo box checked.

• Camera – choose your webcam from the pull-down menu.

Now, just to be absolutely sure, click the wrench icon that shows up if you mouse over your personal video/voice chat window along the left side (or in the middle if nothing else is in the game table). First, scroll through to make sure the proper camera is selected. Click next. Then choose the proper microphone and click done.

You shouldn’t have to do this every time you log into the game table. However, if you experience any difficulties while using the game table, go through these steps (as well as #2 above) in order once more to see if you can find the problem.

4. Test Everything Beforehand

No one wants to spend the first fifteen (or more) minutes of allotted game time working out everyone’s settings. Please take a moment to test your equipment beforehand. Go into the sample game (or into your own game, if you’ve been accepted to one) and try it out. If possible, grab a friend and test everything. Your fellow players will thank you if you show up with all your ducks in a row.

04 Jan 21:37
Goblin BrianI 5 Posts

Well, I'd rather have players than stick to an arbitrary start time.

I've got one confirmed player at the moment and one tentative. If you're in after the 6th (which is also my birthday), then I'll reschedule for perhaps the following week (Tuesday, 1/12) at the same time.

04 Jan 12:38
Jason jdurall 13 Posts

If you're running it again anytime after the 6th, I'd be very excited to play. Unfortunately, the game slot currently scheduled coincides with my daughter's birthday!

30 Dec 19:27

Game Table Tips / Limiting # In Game Table For Now

So we did our first load-bearing game last night with a full-compliment, which was six players plus me.

We know that our game table fully supports up to four people simultaneously without issue. However, we had problems aplenty pushing to seven.

We are working to solve this problem with all due haste – but that's why we're beta testing, right? :)

So in the mean time, please keep your games to four total people for maximum performance. You can feel free to push the envelope, just please be prepared to take notes on what performance issues you experience.

Thanks to everyone who helped out last night!

30 Dec 17:50
Tmd artwork shirt Shaun 19 Posts

Seeking Players For A Game / Mouse Guard, Spring: 1153 Now Open

Also, if anyone wants an overview of the Mouse Guard RPG, Paul Tevis gives an excellent review of the game on his podcast, Have Games Will Travel. Check it out here: http://cdn1.libsyn.com/havegameswilltravel/fafgm49.mp3?nvb=20091230173737&nva=20091231174737&t=0bf99424c4033f354bf6f

30 Dec 16:17
Tmd artwork shirt Shaun 19 Posts

Seeking Players For A Game / Mouse Guard, Spring: 1153 Now Open

Howdy, folks! The Mouse Guard game I'm running is now open for registration. There are 4 spots open, and the game will begin at 4:00 Pacific time on Sunday, January 10. Knowledge of the game system or the Mouse Guard comics are not required.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

29 Dec 07:28
Goblin BrianI 5 Posts

Howdy All,

With the holiday (and year end close) madness, I'm having to push my Doctor Who one-shot out a little less than a week.

I'm looking to run a 4 person game on Tuesday, January 5th, at 7:30 pm.  I've got one player (Black Cat) tentatively, and am looking for three more.  

Thanks!

25 Dec 19:40
Goblin BrianI 5 Posts

Seeking Players For A Game / New Pre-generated Character System Implemented

Rock!

25 Dec 09:07
Theblackness muldoon 344 Posts

Done! You can now find 'clone character' under a character's avatar in the 'navigation' box.

24 Dec 05:22

Game Table Tips / Maps

If you have a way to get your maps into digital format, you can upload them using the Share a Photo button on the top right side of the game table.

Alternatively, you can draw something using the white board.

24 Dec 05:21

Game Table Tips / Die Roller

A die roller is built into the chat window. To use it, simply type in the number of dice and type of die you're using (such as d20 or 3d6) and it will kick you out both the individual die results as well as the total. The results show to everyone in the game table.

22 Dec 21:03

Perfect!

22 Dec 02:55
Labyrinth martian_bob 6 Posts

Sounds like something that could be added - I'll throw this on a to-do listt

22 Dec 02:49
Goblin BrianI 5 Posts

Very nice!

Is there a way to clone pregens or characters? Some of the rules systems require simple, but somewhat time consuming edits to customize the character sheets. It would be nifty to be able to copy an example to use as the base sheet for a new game.  GMs could also provide a generic character with their games.

Thanks!

21 Dec 21:49

We have created a way to utilize pre-generated characters for your game!

Okay Gamemasters, here’s how you do this.

1. Enter your pre-generated characters into Infrno as you would any other character, creating a Character Profile and Character Sheet.

2. When you create your Game Profile, click Manage Pre-generated Characters in the Pages box on the left.

3. You are taken to a page where you can check all the characters you wish to be offered as pre-generated characters for your game. Check all the ones you wish to offer and click Save at the bottom of the screen.

4. Next, invite those players who wish to be a part of your game to choose a pending pre-generated character. They do this by going to the Game Profile and scrolling to the bottom, where they will find a new box entitled Join Game With A Pre-generated Character. Each player can now choose one of those characters and click Join.

5. Just because a player has clicked Join with a pre-generated character doesn’t mean you have no choice over who they play. You must still approve their choices. Going to the Game Profile, you’ll see the Pending Pre-generated Characters box now, under Pending Characters. You must click Approve in order to allow each player to join the game with their chosen pre-generated character.

6. Once you click approve, a copy of that character is given to that player to now own. The character’s name is slightly modified and art assets do not travel with the character. This allows the player to have a souvenir of your game, but allows you to still own the master characters in case you wish to run your game again.

And that’s that! Enjoy these new features and please let us know what you think of them!

16 Dec 00:32

Seeking Players For A Game / Open Game for December 29th

Hey everybody!

I am running an open one-shot CthulhuTech game on December 29th, Tuesday, from 7-11 pm PST. It's already on the Games page and it's called the Orthanach Stone. I will be expanding the profile over the coming days.

There are six slots available, characters provided.

Since characters are provided, private message me if you want to register. The first six people to contact me are in!

14 Dec 20:45

Forum Rules / Under Construction

These forums are under construction.

They are currently of use for finding games to play.

Please do not post any additional threads or content at this time.

Enjoy!

(EDIT: Disregard this above message. Use the forums as you like!)

13 Jul 18:23

Forum Rules / Rules of Conduct

As these forums grow, I thought it might be prudent to lay out the rules for participating. There are three rules:

1. These forums are for discussion of the tabletop roleplaying intellectual properties and and the game engines that pertain to them. However, there are appropriate threads for all kinds of tangents.

2. Constructive conversations only. If you have a legitimate complaint or concern, no problem. However, if you've come here just to gripe, you are not welcome.

3. Treat everyone with respect. No flaming and keep the language family style.

And that's it – basic rules of courtesy. If you choose not to accept these basic rules, you have three strikes before you are out.

Thank you for participating in the Inferno forums. We're happy to have you!