- October 23, 2011
- Views: 3
- Comments: 0
- Alternative Titles
- That's My Novel And I'm Sticking To It
- Snake Brains & the Present Bias
- Twisted Fairytwitters
- Who says six years of writing about a necrophile doesn't pay off?
- Letter From a Christian Goth
- In Ink and Audio
- Revenge Best Served In 100 Words
- Interview With James Lowder
- The tentacles that swim under the skin
Horror of the Plasma Mirror
Sitting with a friend, watching horror flicks, everyone angrily heckling the protagonists' every ill choice—and then realizing we had made the exact same mistakes the night before, getting our characters killed during a session of a horror-themed roleplaying game.
So let this be a public service message:
This Halloween season, take it easy on them horror protagonists. They're having a rough go of it. And perhaps—just perhaps—the critical thinking skills of someone having a hatchet swung at their head differ from the critical thinking skills of someone sitting comfortably on a couch eating pumpkin pie.
P.S. If you find yourself in a horror film, don't look in the mirror. Seriously. What good can come of that?